You have probably seen large banners tied outside of businesses or staked in the ground advertising an upcoming event. Eye-catching, right? What you may not know, however, is that there are significant differences between mesh banners and vinyl banners in Ottawa, ON—both materials you’ve likely seen put to use. Take a look at what makes them different and when you might use one versus the other.
- Mesh banners have holes in them, and these holes allow the wind to pass through the banner extending its life.
- The typical ratio of a large mesh sign is 70/30 or 60/40 — the second number represents the percentage of airflow that can pass through the banner. This prevents the banner from being kicked up and blown away like a sail.
- These types of banners are digitally printed and can be created in just about any size.
- Mesh is often somewhat see through. This could become problematic in an indoor setting where it has a good chance of blending in with the surroundings.
- The holes in the mesh material are not visible when viewed from a distance, which is the case for most banners.
- Mesh banners and signs canonly be printed on a single sid
- Mesh material is more expensive than vinyl banners.
Best Uses for Mesh Banners
Mesh banners are best used in a location where wind can be an issue or cause damage to the banner itself. Using mesh material would also be appropriate for large size banners that will go on a building or large fence and it’s also a good option if it’s being used in front of a window, as visibility is not obstructed.
- Vinyl bannersare designated as a low cost form of outdoor advertising, but are also great for indoor use.
- On average, a standard vinyl banner weighs 9 ounces (better suited for indoor use) to 22 ounces (longer tern outdoor use) per square yard.
- Vinyl banner material is usually made by a PVC material making it not only durable, but also economical, flexible and resilient.
- A vinyl sign can be printed in any size, single or double sided. Therefore, if you are planning on displaying the banner on a street corner to be viewed from both directions of traffic, then the larger 22oz vinyl banner is what you want.
- However, vinyl banners are one solid piece of material — they do not have small holes like mesh material signs which makes it difficult for vinyl to hold up in the wind.
- A vinyl banner is a great way for getting your message noticed from a distance.
Best Uses for Vinyl Banners
A vinyl banner is a useful and effective marketing tool for businesses or as a personal acknowledgement sign. Uses include:
- Advertising a sale or discount
- Grand openings
- “Coming soon”
- Promoting an organization or group
- Family or class reunions
- Birthday celebrations
- Special events
Now that you know a bit more about the differences between mesh banners and vinyl banners, you can better decide which material is best suited for your needs. Remember, summer is prime time to use mesh banners and vinyl banners in Ottawa, ON to advertise your business or to raise awareness for a good cause.