If you currently have an electronic message center, or are looking into the possibility of electronic message centers and LED signs in Ottawa, ON, then you probably already know how effective they can be for building brand recognition, advertising special deals and simply grabbing the consumer’s attention in a way an ordinary sign could never pull off. But in order to get the most out of your EMC, you need to understand a few rules of design and marketing. To that end, here are six tips for using EMCs and LED signs in Ottawa, ON:
- Know your colors: If you have ever designed a website or even an ordinary business sign or flyer, then you should have some idea of which colors do and do not work together. EMCs typically use LED technology, and LED signs use red, green and blue (RGB) values to display different colors. Make sure you pick colors that have a strong value in one of those shades, and try to pick colors that have very distinct RGB values from each other.
- Use strong contrasts: Graphic design offers the opportunity for visual creativity, but when it comes to EMCs, one general rule should never be broken: using a dark background and bright colors to create a contrast that is noticeable and easy on the eyes.
- Emotional cues: Depending on what type of business you have, you might want your sign to elicit different feelings in your customer base. It turns out that different colors can trigger strong emotions. For example, red signifies courage and energy, while orange is consider edoptimistic and creative and green is considered calm and healing. Be sure to match your color to the overall impression you’re trying to convey.
- Ditch the white space: You are paying good money for your electronic message center, and you ought to get your full money’s worth. That means that you should never have large gaps of white space on the screen. Not only is it a waste, but it can also look tacky and unprofessional. If you aren’t sure how best to utilize your space, ask for a professional opinion.
- Be dynamic: One of the most exciting things about EMCs is that they offer movement, something that is not inherent to a typical sign and that consumers are not yet desensitized to. Use this movement to create compelling visuals and stories that people will want to keep looking at.
- Change things up: Finally, remember that many the people will be driving past your EMC everyday as a part of their normal routine. If you fail to change up your graphics often enough, you will likely loose their interests after the first couple of drives. Keep things interesting so that they want to keep looking.
For more information on electronic message centers and LED signs in Ottawa, ON, please get in touch with Plastics and Signs of Ottawa anytime. We look forward to hearing from you and helping your business thrive.
Acrylic fabrication—which is essentially the forming of strong plastic into a custom shape and size—is a very popular choice when it comes to custom signs in Ottawa, ON. In fact, the team here at Plastics and Signs of Ottawa advises all of our clients to use custom acrylic fabrication because it is affordable, highly durable and can be molded into whatever shape, size and style you want.
But if you are considering investing in new custom signs in Ottawa, On for your small business, you might be wondering if acrylic fabrication is really the way to go. Here is a closer look at why we recommend custom acrylic fabrication to all of our valued customers:
- Lightweight: Life is unpredictable, and you never know when you are going to need to move things around or even fully transport your business sign. Having a sign that is lightweight but still high quality can make things a lot easier, and that is exactly what you get when you invest in acrylic fabricated signs for your small business. And in the event of a natural disaster, you and your employees will be much safer than if you had chosen a metal sign.
- Affordable: We know that it takes a lot of financial smarts and creativity to successfully run a small business, and that a good business owner knows how to save money without sacrificing quality. That is why so many businesses choose acrylic fabrication for their marketing signs. They are a fraction of the cost of metal signs, and they are built to last.
- Durable: Durability is important in a sign, as you rely on it to keep looking nice and representing your business well for a long time. Because it is made out of durable plastic, an acrylic fabricated sign can withstand a lot of wear and tear, and is highly resistant to dents, cracks and even scratches. That means you will save money by not needing to replace your signs very often.
- Climate resistant: Here in Canada, we know all about extreme weather, whether it’s sweaty summers or huge blizzards. While some signs can get easily damaged in the winter and even melt or warp in the summer heat, acrylic fabricated custom signs in Ottawa, ON can stand up in virtually any climate, meaning you will have one less thing to worry about on those freezing winter days.
- Highly customizable: Finally, the whole point of investing in custom signs is that you will have complete control over the color, style and overall look of the signs. Because they are made of plastic, fabricated acrylic signs offer a wide range of options when it comes to the color, size and shape that are best for your business.
If you are interested in acrylic fabricated custom signs in Ottawa, ON, please get in touch with the team at Plastics and Signs of Ottawa today. We have been providing attractive, durable, affordable and highly customizable signs to business in the area since 1965.