If you currently have an electronic message center, or are looking into the possibility of electronic message centers and LED signs in Ottawa, ON, then you probably already know how effective they can be for building brand recognition, advertising special deals and simply grabbing the consumer’s attention in a way an ordinary sign could never pull off. But in order to get the most out of your EMC, you need to understand a few rules of design and marketing. To that end, here are six tips for using EMCs and LED signs in Ottawa, ON:
- Know your colors: If you have ever designed a website or even an ordinary business sign or flyer, then you should have some idea of which colors do and do not work together. EMCs typically use LED technology, and LED signs use red, green and blue (RGB) values to display different colors. Make sure you pick colors that have a strong value in one of those shades, and try to pick colors that have very distinct RGB values from each other.
- Use strong contrasts: Graphic design offers the opportunity for visual creativity, but when it comes to EMCs, one general rule should never be broken: using a dark background and bright colors to create a contrast that is noticeable and easy on the eyes.
- Emotional cues: Depending on what type of business you have, you might want your sign to elicit different feelings in your customer base. It turns out that different colors can trigger strong emotions. For example, red signifies courage and energy, while orange is consider edoptimistic and creative and green is considered calm and healing. Be sure to match your color to the overall impression you’re trying to convey.
- Ditch the white space: You are paying good money for your electronic message center, and you ought to get your full money’s worth. That means that you should never have large gaps of white space on the screen. Not only is it a waste, but it can also look tacky and unprofessional. If you aren’t sure how best to utilize your space, ask for a professional opinion.
- Be dynamic: One of the most exciting things about EMCs is that they offer movement, something that is not inherent to a typical sign and that consumers are not yet desensitized to. Use this movement to create compelling visuals and stories that people will want to keep looking at.
- Change things up: Finally, remember that many the people will be driving past your EMC everyday as a part of their normal routine. If you fail to change up your graphics often enough, you will likely loose their interests after the first couple of drives. Keep things interesting so that they want to keep looking.
For more information on electronic message centers and LED signs in Ottawa, ON, please get in touch with Plastics and Signs of Ottawa anytime. We look forward to hearing from you and helping your business thrive.