So your business is scheduled to open soon, which means you likely have all your ducks in a row—a storefront location, inventory ordered, services mapped out for customers in an easy to understand way and all your paperwork filed for you to be considered a legitimate business. In other words, you’re ready to do official business with the public. But there’s one area you may have overlooked: a storefront sign with your business name and logo.
To help you get this key process rolling, here’s a look at some of the best types of exterior business signs in Ottawa, ON to get your startup business noticed:
- Awning signs: Awnings are fantastic additions to any shop. They provide your customers with shade from the glaring sun and protect against rainy weather, not to mention the lovely aesthetics awnings can bring to a storefront. If your business has awnings and you are you looking for a unique solution for a business sign, you should consider utilizing the fabric space as signage—have your business name applied directly to your awnings.
- Channel lettering signs: For signage that will really stand out and that’s easy to read, there’s channel lettering, also called dimensional letters. Whether shaped metal or plastic, these types of exterior business signs in Ottawa, ON are composed of large boxy letters that are three-dimensional and many times can be designed with internal illumination. Use channel lettering on big open storefronts for clear viewing by foot traffic as well as passersby in moving vehicles.
- Pylon signs: If your business is in a shared building or shopping complex, you could benefit from pylon signs. Pylon signs are durable, large, freestanding, tall or raised fixtures that are great for roadside advertising, especially near freeways or roads with fast moving traffic. Most are made of a UV-resistant material surrounded by a steel or aluminum frame, and letters are often illuminated from within by a beam of light or fluorescent bulbs. Think about a main shopping center sign. There are multiple individual business names stacked on one another with the name of the center at the top.
- Painted glass signs: Often seen on the front windows of cafes, bakeries, restaurants and little shops, painted glass signs are not only popular, they are also relatively inexpensive. Just remember to test out the visibility of text on windows, as it may be difficult to read from the street. Alternatively, you can use painted glass signs as secondary advertisements to a main wood or metal business sign.
- Painted wood signs: Whether made of plywood or solid wood, painted wood signs are affordable and simple. Regardless of whether they’re painted by hand or by a machine, what makes painted signs so special is the customization that goes into them. You can personalize them, which means you and the sign company can create something no one else has. Since wood signs are susceptible to weather damage, expect to need to replace these types of signs at some point, or situate them in protected areas.
If you need ideas for exterior business signs in Ottawa, ON or are looking for more information about types, styles and materials, contact the team at Plastics and Signs of Ottawa today!