Exterior signs surround us every day, and they range from the mundane (that old yellow yield sign near your house) to the outrageous (that hilarious quote on the restaurant billboard in the city). Some are informative, some are persuasive and still more are eye-catching—but no matter what the purpose of an outdoor sign in Ottawa, ON, it’s important that it’s seen and understood for it to be effective.
You may look at a sign and appreciate its purpose, but never stop to think that you could benefit from using one yourself. Signs aren’t just for big businesses; they serve a multitude of functions and might just benefit you in a myriad of ways, depending on your situation and the application of the sign! Here are five creative uses for exterior signs in Ottawa, ON:
- An outdoor event: Having a fundraiser or summer party? Point visitors in the right direction with beautiful fonts and easy-to-follow directions. Advertising a future event? Try a sign with splashy graphics and bright colors to catch the eye of passersby. A great sign can increase patronage, create awareness and draw last minute attendees to your crowd if it’s designed and positioned right!
- Scoreboards: Get your friends together for this one: it’s time to replace that ratty old scoreboard at the kids’ baseball diamond. Talk to your local exterior signs company for material and design ideas, and watch the team’s eyes light up when they see a brand new sign over their field. Scoreboards can be a practical and beautiful addition to any sports area—you can even incorporate local company branding if a sponsor is involved.
- Bulletin boards: Bulletin boards aren’t just for indoors: get a sturdy encased outdoor bulletin board to showcase upcoming events at your child’s school, or place one by the kiosk at your local theater to let people know about your next improv get together or upcoming play.
- College or university signs: Signs are a cost-effective and highly customizable way to share important information with students on college campuses everywhere. Let them know about campus safety, point them in the direction of specific buildings, or highlight upcoming student life events. Signs are great indoors, but they can also be highly effective outdoors, where people walking through campus can see them, even if they don’t go into a specific building. Incorporate images for added impact.
- Fitness signs: If you have a yoga studio, bike shop, or other athletic business, an exterior sign is a great way to drum up business and give people a quick summary of the purpose of your space as they walk by. Use eye-catching graphics to represent your fitness interests, and share the latest news and events with vibrant colors and creative layouts.
Whatever your passion, exterior signs can help you share it with your friends and neighbors in a fun and informative way. Contact your local exterior sign company for rates, suggestions and more.