LED signs work for Ottawa—not just for Las Vegas! Many business owners may consider them tacky or loud, but LED signs make for effective advertising. They have many advantages that will help enhance your business and curb appeal. Here are six advantages offered by LED signs:
- Perfect for winter: Days are shorter and darkness is standard in winter. Your typical signs will need to rely on the perfect placement under street lights and you will remain reliant on those lights never burning out. LED signs in Ottawa, ON attract attention at all times of the day, including dark winter nights.
- Many options: LED signs are not about fixed messages. You can change them to reflect specials or share news. Senior Discount Days can become Back to School Sales within moments! Changing a message is as easy as accessing a computer, so you never have to stick to stale signs that never change. Also, you can choose LED signs as big as billboards or create an attractive welcome sign that fits on your door. Your LED signs can be as simple or complex as you want them to be, and that makes them a flexible way to advertise.
- Long term functioning: When you invest in an LED sign, you are maintaining your business message for the long term. High quality signs last 50,000 to 100,000 hours, which is five years longer than fluorescent and neon signs. While you will pay more for a new LED sign, you will not have to replace it anytime soon. Plus, unlike vinyl or paper signs, they are less vulnerable to the weather and extreme temperatures.
- Less maintenance: You will no longer need to change bulbs or make constant brightness adjustments. Your signs will illuminate strong with minimum intervention on your part. LED signs also use less power than other lighted signs, so you will not see your power bills spike with their presence. If you keep the LED signs inside, they do not let off heat, so you will not have to worry about them warming up your premises in summer months.
- Many color choices: Red and amber are the usual lettering colors, but there are other choices available. Besides letters, you can also find signs that display graphics and really help your business stand out. There are signs available that present messages on a ticker or keep them static, depending on what you prefer.
- Ease of operation: Excessive capital investment is not required for your LED signs. Use your Windows-based computer and change messages from the comfort of the indoors on those nasty winter days. With some signs, you can even update them remotely, so you do not even have to be at work to change their message or power them down. Being stuck at home for any reason will not keep you from contacting your customers.
If you see how LED signs in Ottawa, ON can help your business, contact Plastics and Signs of Ottawa today to start designing.
Vehicle wraps are a great way to turn your car into a billboard as you travel. Many people avoid this means of advertising because they are afraid the design will look tacky or the effort will never pay for itself. However, there are ways to benefit from vehicle wraps without compromising your car’s appearance. Here are five tips for vehicle wraps in Ottawa, ON:
- Choose colors wisely: You want the color of your wraps to complement your car. That is why many fleet investors purchase white cars—they are easier to customize. Your black car will make a stunning background, so go with bright colors that really stand out. White cars offer flexibility, but you may need to go bold to get noticed. If your car is a more unique color like gold or lime green, choose complementary colors, since you want potential customers to notice your message rather than be thinking about how your wrap clashes with your paint color.
- Font matters: All of your signs and flyers may be in Times New Roman, but that will not necessarily look great on a wrap or sign. Fonts that work for print do not always offer the same advantages in larger presentations. However, avoid cartoonish or bubbly scripts that will keep your business from being taken seriously. Serif fonts are the most readable and look great on wraps.
- Keep it simple: Loud graphics and long messages on your car will lose people. For one, they will not have time to read it while on the highway, and if your graphics are obnoxious, they will never want to look in the first place. Keep messages short and graphics attractive, yet noticeable. If you feel the design is too busy, do not make it reality until you tone it down a little. Get another opinion if you are unsure about a design.
- Pay attention to details: You want to make firm decisions, but you also want to be sure. The wrap will be on your vehicle for a long time, and if you think you may hate it in a month, that is not the best design for you. Check logos and spelling—double check to exercise additional caution. Listen to suggestions from your sign designer. There may be ideas you have not considered before that will make your vehicle wrap look better.
- Consider a border: Adding a border to any sign, including vehicle graphics, draws attention to it. Business names, telephone numbers and Internet information can all benefit from borders, and who knows—your trip to the grocery store may generate visitors the next day.
If you are not up to the commitment of a vehicle wrap, consider magnets. They will allow you to advertise your message without making permanent or semi-permanent changes to your car. You can also make magnets for specific promotions and change them when the event ends.
Plastics and Signs of Ottawa creates vehicle wraps in Ottawa, ON for a variety of businesses and campaigns. Call us today to see if you can benefit from our services as well.