Many companies love to personalize their business signs in Ottawa, ON by creating unique company or product slogans. However, there are plenty of challenges and factors to consider when doing this, not the least of which is the amount of space you have to utilize.
Here are a few tips for creating a memorable slogan to put on your business signs in Ottawa, ON:
- Keep it short and sweet: Again, this is almost a necessity, given that you are working with a small amount of space and short attention spans anyway. But in general, the best slogans are simply those that are brief and easy to remember. Whether you’re putting it on a sign, on letterhead, in a commercial or on a bumper sticker, you want something that’s going to stick in people’s memories, and that means using few words.
- Be consistent: Consistency is key, whether you are a large corporation or a tiny family-run business. Any slogans you create should complement your current brand image, logo and company. Just because a slogan is clever doesn’t mean it’s a good idea for your company to use it—it needs to fit within your overall scope of marketing and branding.
- Use your unique aspects: What makes your company different? If you have any sort of branding or marketing strategy in place, you likely already have a few key differentiators you could list off. Make sure you use these when developing your slogans as well. You want any slogan for your company to be one that completely fits within your character, one that could describe the kind of work you do.
- Make sure it’s timeless: At some point you are going to want to change up your slogans just for the sake of freshness, but even still, as a general rule of thumb, you want your slogans to be as timeless as possible. They should not refer to current cultural trends or events, or any fads that will likely go out of style within months. Your wording should be able to stand the test of time.
- Consider whom you’re marketing toward: Your target market will play a big role in the kind of slogan you create. Your slogan is essentially your brand talking to your target audience. Therefore, you need to think of the kinds of tones and messages that resonate with your ideal consumer. If you are an international company, make sure the translation for your slogan also sounds good.
- See what others think: Consider testing out slogans on focus groups, friends, coworkers, customers or other groups of people to get some honest feedback about what they think. Maybe they have better ideas, or ideas to help you tweak your slogan to make it perfect for your company. You don’t have to go it alone!
Coming up with a good slogan can be difficult, but it’s a great addition to any business signs in Ottawa, ON. Contact Plastics and Signs of Ottawa today for more information!